The history of MoneyGram’s dates back to 1940, when a small money order company under the name Travelers Express opened up in Minneapolis, Minn. Since then, Travelers Express grew to become MoneyGram International, and now offers a wide variety of payment and financial services to a global market.
To helping people by delivering affordable, reliable and convenient financial services For nearly 70 years, MoneyGram has been providing value-oriented services to its consumers, employees and communities. Equity Bank limited become an agent of moneygram in December 2010 and has moneygram services in all the branches in Kenya
The MoneyGram network
- Over 180,000 locations worldwide
- Over 190 countries worldwide
- Send money: allow customers to send money at any moneygram location worldwide within minutes.
- Receive money: allow customers to receive money at any moneygram location worldwide within minutes.
Why should you use MoneyGram?
It is a fast, safe, easy, reliable and convenient way to send or receive money in minutes around the world.
Secure and Reliable.
An extensive network of quality agents, linked by computer, will transfer your money safely and ensure that it is handled with care and without delay.
Convenient and Fast
MoneyGram is available in over 120 countries and in more than 25,000 locations worldwide. With MoneyGram, your money is transferred immediately and usually arrives at the receiving end in 10 minutes. Below are a few of the benefits you can enjoy with MoneyGram;
- No bank account is required when sending of receiving money.
- What's more, the receiver is handed the cash immediately.
- Free Message Service
- Easy To Send! Easy To Receive!
How to Send Money via MoneyGram:
- Bring some identification (e.g. passport) and fill in a short simple form.
- Pay for the amount of money you want to send, plus the MoneyGram service fee.
- You will then be given a MoneyGram reference number.
- Contact the person receiving the money and give them this number.
How to Receive Money via MoneyGram:
- Ensure that the sender has given you the MoneyGram reference number.
- Go to any MoneyGram agent (the sender can advise you of your nearest agent), taking some form of identification (e.g. passport) with you.
- Provide the reference number and complete a simple form.
- You will be given the money immediately, usually in the local currency.