- What are the requirement to open personal ordinary account?
To open a Personal Account you need to have your Original ID (Driving License, Passport, National ID or New Voters ID), complete an account opening forms at a branch or agent near you.
- Why do accounts fall dormant?
Accounts fall dormant after six months of no transactions i. e either deposits or withdrawals. This is done to protect the customers' money until they return to use their account actively. Cash deposits can be made into a dormant account but for withdrawals and cheque deposits, the customer has to activate the account first.
- Can I get my statements via mail?
Yes, you can get your statements via email if you had provided an email address when you opened your account. To update the email address in your account, visit your branch with your original ID and a copy and fill in a Static Data Change Form and also request that your statements be sent via your email at a frequency of your choice.
- Can I access my account online?
- You can access your Account online via our Internet Banking Platform or the mobile banking known as Eazzy Banking.
- Eazzy Banking is ideal for all personal accounts; you can register at any of our branches. Registration is free, you will be able to perform a wide range of services using your phone wherever you may be.
- Internet banking is ideal for business, groups or individual who would prefer to view and transact on their accounts from a computer screens. This service offers a wide range of banking service at the convenience of your home or office. There are two level of internet banking i.e. retail and corporate e-banking to address varying needs of businesses.
- How much do you charge to operate your accounts?
We do not charge ledger fees on our accounts, you only pay for the services you use. This means when you do not use your account, there will be no charges to it. Tariff guides are displayed in all our branches countrywide for your information
- I have lost my ATM card, what should I do?
The first thing you should do is to visit a branch near you or call the bank to block your card, this will prevent misuse of your card and secure funds in your account. Our contact center numbers are at all ATM locations, they are +255 768 985555, +255 768 985500. To replace the lost card, visit the nearest branch to apply for replacement of the lost card.
- Do you offer fixed accounts and what are your rates, terms and condition currently?
Yes, for rates, terms and Conditions inquiries, visit the nearest Equity bank branch.